Friday, May 13, 2005

SIGNIFICANCE THROUGH THE CROSS

I have a plastic, green cross attached to my key-chain. I discovered it while at the golf practice range a few years ago. I was pulling back to attack the ball with a five iron when I noticed this green crucifix laying in the grass beside me. I immediately abandoned my swing and picked it up to discover that it was a piece of broken garden trellising. Yet it held the shape of a crucifix perfectly.

It may be just a piece of broken trellis but it holds enormous significance for me because it reminds me of Christ’s sacrifice . The Cross of Christ gives even a broken piece of plastic significance.
How much greater then is the significance that the cross gives me?


1 Cor. 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:
19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

7 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Great story Grant. Shame about the golf though.

It's amazing what God will use to get our attention,you will remember that he used a donkey once.

God Bless.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Great story Grant. Shame about the golf though.

It's amazing what God will use to get our attention,you will remember that he used a donkey once.

God Bless.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Oops you would think I was the donkey, sendimg doublr posts

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Jeannie said...

Hey - loved your post

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger John said...

Great post and great thought!

GBYAY

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger pete porter said...

Maverick,this is a powerful truth, I think this is great preaching material. Also a late comment about the wonderful way the Lord used you with your boy. God is so good.
Be Blessed,
Pete

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger maverick mindset said...

Thanks for the encouragement guys. It is really appreciated, and yes Pete, GOD IS SO GOOD!!! Blessings to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home