Thursday, March 17, 2005

Helloo Bloogers from Pastor Jock

Helloo all you bloogers oot thar! Pastor Jock’s the name and I’m the Pastor of the North Gold Coast Poppet (puppet) Church. And oh, what a varied congregation I’ve got: Monsters, Tigers, Lions, Snails, Mad Scientists, a bingo obsessed widow, and even a couple of poppets (puppets). My congregation and I take the opportunity to straighten oot the human congregation at the North Gold Coast Christian Church; that’s in South Queensland, Australia for all you International broosers(browsers). In fact we preach to them every week, and, boy, do they need it. Wot a wayward bunch they can be.

I thought I’d pop in on Maverick’s bloog site every so often just to check his work and keep him on the straight and narrow. I might even share a few gems of wisdom I’ve gathered over the years while travellin’ the South Gold Coast in me plastic bag.

I see my job as keepin’ people accountable (like Maverick here, and mebbe even some of you). And that’s a tricky business. The Bible says to help people with their burdens, but make them carry their own load (Galatians 6: 2-5). Which means you gotta help people who really need it, but encourage those who don’t to fulfil their responsibilities. We can waste a lot of time and energy helpin’ the wrong people, just because they asked. Use yer brains, help those who need it, and help the others to help themselves. Amen! Hoot Mon!!! Oh, when the wind blows high and the wind blows low, through the streets in me kilt I’ll go, all the lassies say Hellooo! Donald where’s yer troosers. I’m outta here, Och Aye!!!! OI!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Blogger John said...

Brilliant! just what I needed to kickstart the day!
GBYAY

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Jeannie said...

Hi Pastor Jock, thanks for your insight this morning. I found that I was reading it with a scottish/irish/english/australian accent - funny that heh???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home